We offer free access to virtual learning for the next generation of visual effects artists around the world through our Academy.
Our courses prepare you for a career in visual effects by working with industry experts on their creative, technical, procedural, and soft skills. They also provide a great opportunity to gain experience and expertise to build upon as you progress in your career.
And, upon completion of the course you will have the opportunity to directly apply for available roles at Technicolor Creative Studios – and potentially receive a joining bonus if you are successful.
- A free online course of 8 weeks to get you up to the standard required to deliver first-class VFX
- Dedicated mentoring from a senior industry member
- Intensive training using industry standard software tools (provided) while using our high-quality training materials
- Continued access to video tutorials featuring industry experts and the potential to use your project work in showreels
- The opportunity to apply to available roles at Technicolor and to potentially receive a bonus if offered a position
1: Intro to Particle Simulations
2: Particle Simulations in Production
3: Realistic Simulation of Destruction in Production
4: Designing Realistic Debris, Dust and Smoke Trails Simulations
5: Realistic Smoke Simulations in Production
6: Designing Realistic Fire Simulations
7: Realistic Water Simulations in Production
8: Designing Realistic Water Simulations
We use the Teradici cloud workstation desktop client which runs on nearly any computer that has the following operating systems: Windows 10, MacOS and Linux.
Our cloud workstations provide required software and course assets, and require at least 10mb broadband (20mb+ recommended).
Minimum Technical Requirements:
External monitor with HD resolution
RJ45 LAN port
- Recent graduates of a VFX program or entry/junior level candidates looking for their first break in the VFX industry.
- Candidates ready to cross the bridge from learning into a professional career.
- Artists with a drive, passion and commitment to deliver first class VFX.
- Please apply with your department specific demo reel and CV attached
- Complete the provided skills test
- Get feedback by the Academy admissions team